This Rainbow Veg Pasta Sauce will leave you glowing with smugness that: 1) you’ve created something uber scrummy from scratch that was easy peasy and 2) have delivered your Mama mind a good old dose of virtuous colourful veg towards your five a day while you were at it. Links have been found between a diet high in veg and lower levels of depression and anxiety symptoms. So what are you waiting for!
This is a very easy recipe which requires very little culinary talent. I love it because it’s adaptable and good for using up leftovers from your fridge veg drawer.
What’s more, set aside leftovers for your baby the next day.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serves: 4 adult portions, 12 baby portions
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 punnet of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pepper (or half yellow and half red for variety)
- 1 Handful of okra
- 1 Handful of spinach
- 12 Radishes
- Salt and Pepper
- 100ml Vegetable Stock
- Feta and Pine Nuts (optional topping)
- Preheat your oven to 180″c (160″c fan oven).
- Chop all your veg and place in a single layer in an ovenproof dish.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper (if you are serving this to your baby you may wish to leave the salt out).
- Cook in the centre of the oven for 15 mins
- Use a hand blender to blitz up the veg together with the vegetable stock.
- Serve with whole grain pasta for slow release energy. For extra touches I like to sprinkle over a small amount of feta cheese, toasted pine nuts or seeds. If I’m feeling really decedent I stir through some cream.